A VIRTUAL KNUSTON COURSE
On-line (virtual) Knuston course:
In collaboration with the Open University, we ran a pilot on-line course for 9 participants in June / July 2021. Post-course interviews with participants were extremely positive and we aim to organise 2 on-line course in 2022 with course numbers of 9 or 12.
Diabetes Counselling and Empowerment Course
- Are you a health professional working in diabetes?
- Would you like to develop your consultation skills?
- What can you do to help people self-manage their diabetes more effectively?
Come to our course at Knuston Hall, Northamptonshire
If you come to the Knuston Hall course, you will learn:
- The philosophy of person-centred collaborative care and its context in diabetes care
- The principles and models underlying the philosophy
- Communication skills which can be applied in everyday practice
- How the skills and philosophy might impact on your professional work
- To develop a personal action plan for using these skills in your own workplace
Comments from participants:
- …. very safe and supportive environment
- …. the support given during this course had a huge impact on my personal learning
- …. an excellent, thought provoking course
- …. hugely valuable – promotes a new way of working
If you are interested in developing your communication and empowerment skills, come to Knuston Hall. Our future courses are listed below, book early to avoid disappointment.
May 17-20 2022 (fully booked)
26 September – 29th September 2022 – Spaces still available
Course fee (including accommodation and meals) £750
If you are struggling to obtain funding, please complete our Contact form and, when you receive a response, enquire about the bursary we may be able to offer.
Let some of our course members share what they feel about the course.
The class of May 2017